Thursday, January 7, 2016

The Drunken Dromedary Dilemma


So, I continue my pursuit for the Perfect Nativity Set….

I’m fairly convinced it will take a trip to Italy…The Blog Fodder feels I can accomplish my goals local or on the internet.

But I have found a third set (on Sale! 70% off!) this year.  It is a slightly larger size, so now we have small, medium and large!

We are getting ever closer to our goal!  The new set has a removable Jesus!  So I can have an empty Manger during Advent!


The B.F. has a fear of Wise Men marching all over the living room during Advent!
 
But looking around at my three sets, I noticed a decided lack of camels!

What to do, what to do?

I found a site on the internet that sells whole sets, but also parts of sets.  And they had a camel!  And he was on sale!

So I ordered a camel for the middle sized set.  It was from a “famous” Italian nativity set maker.

Hmmmm….

Let’s say, I was less than impressed when the camel arrived.  He was made of plastic, not ceramic…okay, I missed that in the description.

He was too big for the middle set and a little too small for the big set. 

And worse of all, he doesn’t stand up.
 

Here he is, propped against the wall.

I don’t know if he is sea-sick from the UPS ride, or was out partying with the shepherds.  All I know is that I have a drunken dromedary, a sloppy ship of the desert, a clobbered camel….

I was going to send him back, but he is too funny not to keep.


No comments:

Post a Comment