Friday, November 20, 2015

The Dreaded TSA Notice….Da-Da-Duuuuuuhhhhhhh!

With all the traveling I do, it was bound to happen.  I had a checked bag searched by TSA.  My bag was locked with a TSA lock, and it was not obvious when I picked it up, but I opened the bag, as saw this….

Now, I was flying just a week after the terrible terrorist attacks in France, so I understand heightened security.


Sending out prayers to the victims, families and people of Paris.

But what could have gotten TSA’s attention. 

I was flying out of Rochester NY on a work trip, but started in Erie PA the weekend before, visiting friends.  It was a cold, rainy windy day on Saturday, so naturally, we went wine tasting.

That area of New York is known for their sweet wines – Made from Concord Grapes or ice wines.  There were some dry wines, and some grapes I recognized, but we spent the day celebrating sweet wines!

At one of our stops, I tried a wine called “Hot Kisses.”

Oh really!?!?!

It was a sweet wine, but it was spiced with Thai Chilies.  It wasn’t overly hot, but had a nice bite to it.  If you ever had a pepper jelly, it was along those lines.  So I bought a bottle.



As I was not expecting to buy wine, I had to wrap it carefully and pad it with clothing in my suitcase, which I then checked, to go home.

I wrapped it in the bag it came in

And then in a souvenir bag I had

And then in the hotel laundry bag.

 
But I can see how a tall, cylindrical, liquid filled item might get some attention.

When I pulled the bottle of wine out of my suitcase, the inside back was knotted

 
And the outside bag had been “spun” closed.

 
It was pretty obvious to me that the TSA agent was male, ‘cause only guys take such great pleasure in spinning plastic bags closed.  But with the care he took in repackaging my wine, I could tell he was a lover of fine wines too!

So, stay safe out there, drink some fine wine and remember to enjoy life!

No comments:

Post a Comment